Thursday, December 27, 2007

Democracy is Beautiful

ILLUSTRATED: Tell voters it is their moral duty to vote. Democracy is beautiful, all must partake.

This blog is mainly about telling Democrats how to articulate our policies in plain English. I've never written about the most basic closing argument. Go vote!The percentage of people who show up is disgraceful.

I have heard many inspirational stories, that I try to tell to others. What works for me is relaying what a professor once told me. She is white but lived in the South in a precinct with a lot of African Americans. On election day, the elderly African Americans would dress up like they are going to church...it was that important to them.

Having done some poll watching, I can tell you that watching Americans line up to vote is a beautiful thing.

Almost as beautiful as those who literally fight for democracy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home